5.06.2013

Featured Stamp: Dandelion Garden Border by Rubbernecker Stamps!

Hello Eveyone,
I am very excited to show you my latest duo. It features a new company to my acrylic stamp collection. (Rubbernecker stamps) I spent a great deal of time (and $) at their booth yesterday. I fell in love with this sample card they had on display:

I loved the simplicity of the card, yet there are so many sunset type colors you can use in the background to give a slightly different effect. I thought the rhinestones in the centers of each dandelions was a great touch. I thought I even had baby butterflies at home to use.


Once I got home I played around with a new blending foam I purchased. I can't say I like the look. It's certainly more choppy than the blending foam. I attempted to scuff up the yellow card base, as it was too bright. The overall effect seems like a male card.


Duo #2 was done on really thick watercolor paper. I used my inktense pencils and a bunch of water to blend them together. I seem to gravitate towards bright, girly colors, so I purposely used dark sunset colors. The tied twine adds a nice touch.


I am very intrigued with this company. The prices were very high (I thought), but the quality is excellent, and the packaging was great. I fell in love with at least 10 stamps, but only purchased 2. I know there are SO many types of cards I can create with this stamp. I can't wait to create some more. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place comment here, I look forward to hearing from you!