9.28.2014

Featured Technique: Distressing

Hello,
I got the chance to go to "Just for Fun's" Trunk Show on Saturday. I almost go run over by women twice my age! I walked away with a handful of great deals.
     One item I am enjoying is a thick stack of pre-cut textured colored cardstock. I got about 100 pieces for $1 cut 5 1/2 by 4 1/4. I also grabbed a brand new package of shimmery black cardstock normally priced for $11.95, was priced $5. It is beautiful cardstock. I always have trouble finding thick black cardstock for my cardbases. I grabbed a few stamps and some used templates.
     One item I purchased was a used set of the Sew-Easy handle and multiple heads. I need to play around with them. Unfortunately, it didn't come with the pink mat that you need, but maybe my other mat will work just as well. Maybe you will see some sewing on a few cards in the near future! Anyway, on to my card for tonight:
      I know you can't see the details really well, but all the parts to this card are distressed. I had fun using a rough piece of sandpaper and sanding the card stock to smithereens! I had paper powder everywhere. I even distressed the floss at the bottom of the butterfly panel, it is looking ragged to suit the look. The photo did a nice job of picking up the colors, I just love distress inks. I just purchased a set of the mini color distress inks. I love them!
Paper: Stampin' up and Neenah Solar White Card Stock Inks: Distress inks Stamps: Butterfly and flower - unknown (Indadinkado, I think), Sentiment - A stamp in the Hand Embossing Powder - White Distressed with sandpaper and distress tool

 Thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place comment here, I look forward to hearing from you!